Saturday, May 1, 2010

5/1/2010 Damn it's been a while!

I really must apologize to you, I'm sorry to have taken so long to post an update!  Work has had us swamped (a damn good thing)  Speaking of work; we just finished a job, that... well let me start from the beginning.  One of the things that we do is assist Realtors.  Say that they have a homeowner looking to sell their property but the roof leaks, the electrical service is inadequate, the place needs painting and landscaping, etc...etc...etc...  This is where we come in.  We fix everything and get the property ready to sell. Well, this week we had one such property.  However this property was one of a select few that made it into our hall of shit shame.

The kitchen had a stench that could only be described as a combination of rancid fat and puss.  Our shoes stuck, I'm not kidding, to the floor.  The carpets (close to white, originally) were dotted with a mixture of cat vomit and a sampling of every fucking meal that they every ate in the place!  Picture five frat guys living in a house for six years.  They are Martha Stewart compared to this place.

Shit and piss were hanging from the toilet seats like stalactites .  Seriously, is this how you would leave a house that you were selling?  What the fuck is wrong with people?!

Here is the best (worst) part; we found several used tampons on the floor of the linen closet!  How the fuck does that happen?  She's naked, putting away the linens, while doing jumping jacks... and sneezes... not once but several times?

Okay, on a different note:  An update on the new eating regime. (That had to be the worst segue in history!)

I am still getting lots of people asking me "how is the diet going?"  This is not a diet.  I'm eating "real food"  My criteria is simple: eliminating any processed foods, foods containing HFCS or any other ingredient that could not be readily identified by a fourth-grader. I still eat roast beef, sausage, cheese, pork, eggs, chicken and tons of other "real" foods.  I am only eliminating fucked with (processed) foods.

Is it a pain in the ass?  Yes.  Can we eat out? yes, with difficulty. Do we cheat, on occasion?  FUCK yes!  Were human!  If we can eat "real food" 90 to 95 % of the time, we are doing much. much better than we did before.  The world we live in has the deck stacked against us.  If you want to start trying to eat healthy, real, natural foods, look for these things:  The name of the farm, dairy or ranch.  Are they organic? do they use antibiotics or growth hormones?   Avoid any and all artificial sweeteners as well as any ingredient that ends in "ose" (one exception is dextrose)

Eat real food!

Speaking of real food, here is the burger:


The lettuce and tomato are deteriorating, yet the burger and fries are holding their own.  I have started a new test, without the lettuce and tomato.

One last thing, I'm down 23 pounds but I have stagnated in the last few weeks.  I need to get back on my self imposed program, I've been remiss. However, this is my attempt to find a healthy way to eat for life.  I fully expect that there will be week or two where i don't loose weight or even gain a pound or two.  I'm looking for a sustainable way to eat healthy for the rest of my life.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for sending this link to your friends.

Bald Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment