Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo 2010

Today was one of those, healthy eating be damned days.  We had lunch at a Mexican Bodega/Restaurant.  We both ordered tacos but only ate one tortilla per taco (If that last sentence does not make sense to you, you have never eaten Mexican food, you have been eating Tex-Mex)  After lunch we went back to work and as fate would have it we found ourselves in a place where we could continue to honor Cinco de Mayo; Downingtown, PA.  So after work we stopped by Victory Brewing  After all, Cinco de Mayo is an American holiday... Okay it did not start as an American holiday.  It is the celebration of the Mexicans defeat of the French in 1862, though in Mexico it is only celebrated in the Pueblo region, Americans use it as an excuse to consume Mas Tequila!  Anyway, I digress... Cinco de mayo is the celebration of Victory!  So after a lunch at a Mexican "joint" it seemed only natural to stop in at Victory Brewing (in Downingtown) later in the day.  Are you buying this shit?  Though while at Victory we did order Nachos... which were invented here in the good ole USA.   Yea, I know that "Nacho" was a Mexican ex-patriot but I'm trying to justify stopping for nachos at Victory!

My point is that even when you are trying to eat as healthy as possible, there are times when you need to take a day off.  Today was one such day.  We still tried to do the best we could.  As I mentioned earlier we only ate one tortilla per taco and we ate less than half of the order of nachos.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must include the following:

After not eating deep fried food for two months and limiting the amount of fats we consume, todays meals did have a few effects on me.  One thing to note, we eat hot peppers with almost every meal, the hotter the better!  Peppers and or spicy food are not the issue... That said... on our way home, I had a bit of rumbling in my (now smaller) belly.  As the miles rolled on the rumbling got worse.  I was now experiencing contractions.  The closer we got to home the closer and more intense the contractions got, I broke out in a cold sweat.  By the time we got to our street, Lisa was laughing her ass off while I was crowning.

How is it that our bowels know when we are close to home, and exponentially increase our pain?  The closer I got to home, the worse the contractions became.  To the point where I was doubled over in pain, cold sweat pouring out of me and praying to God that I would not shit myself.  I am proud to say that I did make it!...barely... moments later I gave birth to the son of the Blob.  (if you don't get that, search the movie: "The Blob" and read where it was filmed back in 1958)

One a completely different note but following the same thread, watch this for a laugh, the relevant part is between 50 seconds and 65 seconds but the whole bit is really funny!

"Eat Real Food"

Thanks for reading,

Bald Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment