Monday, April 12, 2010

4/11/2010

Well, another weekend shot to Hell!  I had great plans, however none of them seemed to come to fruition.  We did have a great night out with friends and also missed meeting up with other friends, Yin and Yang, I guess.

As you know, i am trying to read several hundred pages a day on the subject of food and nutrition.  A few things are starting to become clear.  This is not just for people trying to loose weight but for everyone.  If you like living and wish to continue to do so for a long time, I offer these suggestions.

  • Cut out all soda.
  • Go out and expose your flesh to the sun; in moderation.
  • Drink more water!
  • Take Krill oil (Omega 3's) supplements.
Does this sound like a lot of my previous posts?  It should!  I keep running into these four everywhere I look.

Today I was researching eczema for a friend whose child has it.  In a nut shell here is what I learned:
  • Eczema is "the itch that rashes"  It's not really visible until you scratch it.
  • Put a compress of warm water and natural sea salt on it to stop the itching.
  • Stay hydrated.  eg: drink more water.
  • Increase the amount of animal based Omega 3's in your diet.
  • Increase the amount of vitamin D, sunlight is the best source.
So it doesn't matter if you are a fat fuck, like me or a "normal" person just looking to get a little healthier, there seems to be overwhelming (what comes before overwhelming? whelming?  I've heard of underwhelmed and overwhelmed but never whelmed?... Just a thought) evidence that these things are really fucking good for you.

So here is what I want you to do:

  • Every morning when you wake up, drink a glass (plastic cup, half a bottle etc...) of good clean water.
  • Before you eat breakfast, drink a glass of water.
  • Before you eat lunch, drink a glass of water.
  • In mid afternoon, drink a glass of water.
  • Before dinner, drink a glass of water.
  • Before bed drink a glass of water.
This should not be difficult.  Remember, it takes two weeks to start a habit but only two days to break one.

I also encourage you to add the following things to your routine.

  • Get natural sunshine.  Yes you need to use sunscreen but you still need sunshine!  Because I am such a magnanimous individual I humbly invite all cute nubile... scratch that... all women to sunbathe on my lawn.  Clothing optional.
  • Either take krill oil or eat real natural line caught fish, once a week, or more.
  • Kick that shit out of anyone you see spit in public!... Okay maybe you shouldn't do that, but you could...
One final thing.  Read the nutritional information for everything your eat or drink!  If you don't immediately recognize any ingredient, put it back on the fucking shelf.

Companies do not give a flying fuck about you!  They want to make shelf stable, cheap, highly profitable food.  It is up to you to wake up and start making smart decisions.

You may feel that you do not have the time to implement a fully healthy diet.  You can still drink all the water.  You can bring a few organic apples with you.  

Do the best you can at every meal.  If you are female, sunbathe on my front lawn (Guys, go to my friend Bob's) eat good fresh fish and or krill oil.   Most important: read this blog!

Tomorrow I'll have some killer recipes for you!

Night all!

Thanks for reading.

Bald Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment