Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/3/2010

As I write this, it is Friday night but the clock tells me it is Saturday Morning.

We just got back from our first party, since we began this new eating regime.  I have to admit, I was worried.  I knew that there would be tempting food, Pizza, Pretzels, Chips, etc... not to mention good fresh beer!.. and good whiskey, bourbon, tequila and vodka.

We decided to have a hearty meal before hand.  Grilled Buffalo sausage, Grilled red onions, yellow and red peppers and grilled zucchini.  Yeah, yeah, yeah... Grilling food over charcoal is carcinogenic.  What the Fuck?  I'm eating organic, sprouted from mother earth's own bosom, as healthy as I can find... even going so far as to start reading organic chemistry (Shannon, you must be out of your mind!)  I have to keep some vices.  We like to grill and to barbecue (if you don't know the difference click here: Outdoor Cooking   We use only natural hardwood lump charcoal.  We never use briquettes or lighter fluid.  We have not do so for years before starting this diet.  Use natural lump charcoal and light it with a small propane torch.  Never use Lighter Fluid!!!  it will make your food taste like shit!  Remember; I'm a "Joe average" guy, trying to find a way to lose weight.  I'm not a health nut.  I love a lot of food that is "bad" for us.  I am trying to find a way to eat as much as you like, within reason, and still loose weight.

As far as the charcoal, as long as it is 100% natural lump, it is up to you.  What kind of flavor to you want?  Are you looking for a high heat or a low heat fire.  Here is a site that you should check out if you are interested in good charcoal: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpindexpage.htm?bag

Now that I have derailed this train... How did I do, tonight at the party?  First off, we brought own 'Lemon Lime seltzer" which we both drank all night.  I did have one vodka on the rocks and a small shot of vodka.  However, I can say that I did not eat anything!  And, you know what?  I wasn't hard.

Hey One last thing.  I had stopped writing down how much water i was drinking.  My water intake declined.  Though now, I am not recording everything that i am eating, I will go back to recording how much water i am drinking.  (take your weight and divide by two. e.g. 240 pounds divided by two = 120 pounds.  120 ounces is how much water you should drink a day).  This number varies depending on who or what you read, but I have found  nobody disputing this.  It is not "TOO MUCH" water.  Felling hungry?  try eight ounces of water, weight 20 minutes and see how you feel.

Fuck me!  It is late and i have to work in the morning!  Pardon the typo's, no time to re-read this post

Thanks for reading!

Please "follow" my blog and post and or send the link to your friends!

Thanks for reading,

Bald Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment