Monday, April 5, 2010

The one month mark!

Damn!  Has it been one month already?

Today was weigh in day and I am pleased to report that I have lost 14 pounds.  A few of my friends have commented that they "don't know how I can live on oat bran and fruits and vegetables".  My answer is "I could never survive that diet!"  I've tried to keep from boring you to death with what exactly I'm eating everyday but let me just recap some of the food I have eaten in the past few days:  Chicken and Feta cheese sausage with fried potatoes and sautéed peppers and onions.  A filet mignon sandwich with cucumber and horseradish mustard.  Oatmeal with raisins, dried cranberry's and cream.  I sure don't feel like I'm dieting! I'm eating plenty, and often can't finish my meals.  The best part is that I feel fucking great!

Don't get me wrong, there are a few things that suck.  Having to shop for "real" food is time consuming.  However I was pleasantly surprised to learn that even places like BJ's wholesale club carry some organic foods, so I imagine that it will get easier as more and more Americans buy local and or organic foods.  We (and by we I mean Lisa) needs to prepare and cook damn near all of our meals.  There is no, we are in a rush, let's grab a pizza.  At least until we reach our goal weights.

A few friends have also brought up the fact that I have greatly reduced my beer intake.  Yes I have.  Beer is now a treat not a staple.  But let's crunch the numbers:  I used to have, on average four "good" beers a night, none of this light beer bullshit!.  4 X 120 (calories) = 480.  Now I have six ounces of vodka a night.  6X 73 (calories) = 438.  That is a 42 calorie difference per day.  Come on!  Do you really think that makes a fucking difference?  I lost 14 pounds in a month by cutting my alcohol calories by 1,260 calories a MONTH?  If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.  That is exactly two "premium grilled chicken classic" sandwiches (from a big fast food restaurant that employs a red haired clown) a month.

You would think that your "friends" would be more supportive.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a good healthy debate on any subject, and the vast majority of my friends have been behind me 100%.

I'm not reading several hours a day and then trying to write a semi coherent blog to prove a point.  Quite the contrary, I don't know shit!  I've read a ton of material and the one thing that most seem to agree on is that the more natural your food is, the better.  So I decided to test this hypothesis and document my results here.  I'm no fan of eating healthy per se , I just want food that tastes good and if I can eat some foods and still lose weight, then all the better.  If I did not lose weight or even if I put weight on, I would have posted that as well.

Fer fucks sake lets move on to another topic!

The Cheeseburger experiment:  Well dip me and call me stinky!  I thought it would never happen.  The burger is growing some mold!  The cheese, roll and bun... none.  The burger does show some mold, though not as much as the "real lettuce and tomatoes".



I really do appreciate your taking the time to read my blog!  I you like it, are amused by it or find any useful information, please pass the link on to friends and family!

"Eat Real Food"... and quit drinking soda!

Bald Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment