Sunday, April 4, 2010

4/4/2010

As I am about to add some exercise into my new health plan and my finances are not what they once were, buying  a new bike is not in the cards.  So, I've decided to "tune up" my old mountain bike.  By old I mean early 1980's.  Then it was a state of the art mountain bike, now it is more of a beachcomber.  No suspension, no brake rotors and then there is the fact that it is day-glow orange with purple handle bars!  Holy shit!  Is this thing atrocious!  I decided a tune up was not enough.  A complete rebuild was in order.  I began taking off stuff: seat, derailer, wheels, handle bars, brakes, cables etc...  Soon I had quite the pile of bike parts sprawled out in front of me.  Then it crossed my mind that it probably would have been best to take some pictures of the bike before I started taking the thing apart.  This will be fun.  I've done the important work, I've decided on a color scheme.  Satin black with gloss black highlights.  More to follow...

While working on the bike, I of course had my ubiquitous bottle of water with me.  What the fuck are these assholes doing to my water bottles?  Have you bought bottled water lately?  In an effort to reduce the impact on the planet, they are using less plastic in the bottles and caps.

Depending on how well or if you even know me, you may or not know that I have lost a lot of the feeling in my right hand.  The best way I can describe it is; it feels like I'm wearing a thick rubber glove.  Also, the longer I hold something small, like a pen ( I wrote PEN.  I'm just clarifying), the tighter my grip gets.  My handwriting was never great but now it is horrible. Doctors looks at it and say "Damn that is some bad handwriting"  Okay, back to the fucking plastic water bottles.  If I have one open, the odds are pretty close to 50/50 that the next time I grab it, I will  squeeze it too hard and send a geyser all over myself.  This happens a lot.

I decided to weigh the "old" style and the new style bottles.  Empty with the lid on, the old bottle weighed 14 grams, the new "Earth friendly" bottle weighed 12 grams.  Two grams difference.  24 bottles in a case X 2 grams = 48 grams.  That is a savings of 1.69315 ounces per case.  Save the planet my ass!  Those fuckers are just trying to save a buck.  Don't most of us recycle plastic anyway?  That two gram difference makes a difference to me.  I either look like a semi normal person drinking a bottle of water or I look like a person having a Gran Mal seizure drinking a bottle of water.

They must be using rocket scientists to develop these new and "improved" water bottles.  I swear they are only one molecule thick.  I'm pretty sure that you don't have to open them, you can just suck the water right through the plastic.

That'll do it for tonight.  Thanks for reading!

Bald Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment