Friday, April 9, 2010

An overview for the new comers.

Wow!  Although I only have ten people following my blog, it seems that many more are reading it.  Thank you!  The people that read this are the people that keep me focused and on track.

I'm getting several emails a day, either complimenting me on my quest or asking questions about specific food details.  However the most common subject is that they do not have the time to eat right.  I get it.  Been there done that.  If the economy was not in the shitter and I did not have a gourmet cook for a wife, this would be soooo much harder.  To that end, I will try to outline what I have learned as the most important first steps, to a healthy eating lifestyle.

Please remember: I am not a doctor or nutritionist.  I'm a fat guy, sick of these fucking fad diets.  I'm reading everything I can about diet and nutrition.  I do my best to vet everything I read, three times.  I pass along the things that I think are relevant.

So, from everything that I have read, what would be the "best" first steps?


  • Take your weight in pounds and divide by two.  The result is the number, in ounces, that you should drink per day.  For me, when I started this experiment I weighed 250 pounds. 250 divided by two = 125.  I drink a minimum of 125 ounces of water a day.  You can do that without spending a penny (yea, yeah, yeah, if you are buying bottled water, it will cost you a buck or two)
  • Cut out all soda.  Regular or diet, it does not matter, it is all toxic.  This will actually save you money.  While you are at it, cut way down on fruit juices, you can get the benefits of fruit juices in other ways that do not have so much (natural) sugar.
  • Stop eating "prepared foods"  Yep, that means; no fast food, no Wawa food etc...  
I know that this is not practical for most of us, however it is an attainable goal.  Read the label, if your fourth grader does not recognize the ingredient, don't eat it!

I will continue to due my best to read all I can, and cull the best nutritional information from what i have read, and vetted.

Please challenge me on any of the topics, that I have posted.  I'm not claiming to be an authority, I just want to find a healthy way to eat and lose weight.  My email is: baldbill@verizon.net 

Think about this; for almost 200 years Americans were not fat. Now it is an epidemic, what changed?

The answer?  We started to fuck around with food in order to increase profits. (Don't get me wrong, I am an independent voter that firmly believes in capitalism)  Okay, I'll get off my high horse...

My parting thoughts;

Eat as much natural food as you can, drink lots of good clean water and do not drink any soda.  If you do this for a month, I guarantee that you will loose weight.

Thanks for reading,

Bald Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment